Photo credit: Evan Blass
Technology leaker Evan Blass provided us with a glimpse at Motorola’s yet to be announced gold RAZR, but PBKreviews managed to get their hands on an early unit for an in-depth look. Is it worth $1,499? Well, PBK says that the main foldable 6.2-inch display screen is paper-thin and the phone itself has a very premium feel to it. Plus, we also see the RAZR’s two batteries, one located on each side of the hinge. Read more for the tear down video and additional information.
For those who pre-ordered on Verizon, the RAZR starts shipping in March. Featuring a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 system-on-chip, Adreno 616 GPU, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of built-in storage, 16MP rear camera, and a front-facing 5MP camera housed within a notch at the top of the display. On the bright side, this smartphone only supports eSIM, which should make switching carriers a breeze provided it comes unlocked.
- Pre-installed selection of Amazon apps, including Amazon Shopping, Amazon Music, Audible and Amazon Alexa
- Amazon exclusive version with Amazon Alexa built-in: Simply say “Alexa” or double press the power button to play music, hear the news or check the weather wherever you are. Just ask - and Alexa will respond instantly
- 6.2" Full HD+ Max Vision display (2270 x 1080) with 19:9 aspect ratio, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage with option to add up to 512 GB of microSD expandable memory, Android 9.0, and US warranty
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor with 1.8 GHz octa-core CPU and Adreno 506 GPU
- 12MP + 5MP dual camera with LED flash, 8 MP front-facing camera with screen flash for low light selfies