Yes, like humans, cats also prefer a nice and comfortable place to sleep, and these twenty-four creative and geeky homes allow them to do just that. First up, we have cool shark and tank homes. Continue reading to see more – plus a bonus video and 10 interesting cat facts.
- On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.
- Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.
- When a cat chases its prey, it keeps its head level. Dogs and humans bob their heads up and down.
- The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.”
- A group of cats is called a “clowder.”
- Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.
- A cat cannot climb head first down a tree because its claws are curved the wrong way A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
- There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.