By now, every Facebook user should have been moved over to Timeline, begrudgingly for some. However, there’s still some fun to be had with the new format, and it comes in the form of covers. Continue reading to see twenty-four more ultra creative examples to get you inspired.
5 Interesting Google facts:
- Google got its name by accident. The founders misspelled the word “googol,” which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes. The word was chosen to reflect the company’s goal of organizing the massive amount of information that is available on the Internet.
- At first, there was not even a “submit” button. Users had to hit the “return” key to generate a Google search.
- Google users apparently never feel “lucky,” since the “I feel lucky” is almost never used. However, in trials it was discovered that users saw it as a comfort button and did not want it removed.
- The search engine that Page and Brin were collaborating on was originally called BackRub, named for its ability to analyze the “back links” pointing to a given Web site.
- Brin and Page would hang out at the Stanford computer science department’s loading docks in hopes of borrowing newly-arrived PCs to use in their network.