Italy-based startup Isinnova has started to 3D-print valves that transform snorkeling masks into functional CPAP ventilators to save COVID-19 patients. What is a CPAP mask used for? It’s to helps aid patients who can still breathe spontaneously on their own, but need help keeping their airways unobstructed. They’ve created 500 of these 3D printed respirator masks so far and distributed to hospitals in Italy to those needed. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Charlotte valve can easily be 3D printed and added to Easybreath masks. The first prototype was tested on a colleague from Chiari Hospital, and a patient in need. Both tests were successful, thus proving that it could be a viable solution for all hospitals that are lacking the necessary equipment.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
We analyzed the proposal together with the inventor. We contacted in little time Decathlon, as ideator, productor and supplier of the snorkeling Easybreath mask. The company was immediately willing to cooperate by providing the CAD drawing of the mask we had identified. The product was dismantled, studied, and the changes to be made were evaluated. A new component was then designed to guarantee the connection to the ventilator. We called the link Charlotte valve, and we quickly printed it using 3D printing”, said Isinnova.