Shipping container have been used to create homes, coffee shops, and now, hospitals. Called CURA (Connected Units for Respiratory Ailments), this makeshift hospital packs an intensive care unit, complete with extractors to create negative air pressure, inside a 20-foot shipping container that can be transported anywhere and deployed in just a few hours. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Humanitas Research Hospital, Milan Polytechnic, Jacobs engineers, and a pool of leading European physicians and experts in emergency management partnered with fellow architect Italo Rota to develop the first prototype. It’s set to be deployed at a hospital in Milan, one of the epicenters of the pandemic, and the design will be made available for free as open source plans online.
- Here’s a LEGO brick-built version of the famous Central Perk café packed with authentic details to inspire hilarious memories of the classic Friends TV show and to show off to your own friends
- In the box: a buildable Central Perk café studio set, plus Ross Geller, Rachel Green, Chandler Bing, Monica Geller, Joey Tribbiani, Phoebe Buffay and Gunther minifigures with cool accessories to role-play memorable scenes
- This collectible 1,070-piece LEGO toy makes a great Friends memorabilia gift for fans and offers a rewarding building experience for adults aged 16+ who love to build solo or share the fun with friends and family
- This LEGO Ideas Central Perk 21319 Friends TV show merchandise is compatible with the LEGO construction toys, bricks and characters that you already own so you can create your own mash-up models and unique stories
- This colorful Friends TV show gift item measures over 4 inches (11cm) high, 11 inches (29cm) wide and 8 inches (22cm) deep, and will make a big impression when displayed in any room or office
A group of us started talking a week ago, wondering how could contribute our skills to this emergency. We all know there is a massive need for more intensive care units across the world, but there are problems with the two existing solutions – as an official report from the Chinese government found, based on their experience of the virus,” said Carlo Ratti, an Italian architect based in Boston, where he teaches at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.