Photo credit: Luis Nostromo
Luis Nostromo, a 43-year-old driver from Barcelona, has been a science fiction movie fan for as long as he can remember. One film franchise, Alien, caught his eye and for over 20 years, he’s been collecting memorabilia. What better way to showcase all of these goods than by building a museum? That’s exactly what he did, but instead of renting out a warehouse, he turned his apartment into one. To accomplish this in a fairly tiny space, everything had to be handmade using wood, metal grating, plastic, PVC, and other recycled materials. Read more for a video tour and additional information.
While there are some actual props from the films, many are replicas and include weapons, detectors as well as life-sized statues. He’s spent the past 3-years recreating the sets and hopes to finish off the last details during 2020, eventually opening up his museum for other fans to enjoy on a limited basis.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16-inch (42cm) high, 4-inch (11cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7-inch (18cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) wide and 5-inch (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 4-inch (12cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3-inch (8cm) high,14-inch (36cm) long and 18-inch (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play
- Designed for Lego 60228,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights,strip lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
I’ve been collecting Alien for more than 20 years, but just over three years ago I ran out of space at home and I decided to move everything to another space next to my house. It’s a space of 65 m² and I decided go a step farther and decorate the place by recreating parts of the life-size sets: I built a corridor section of the Nostromo, part of Ash’s laboratory, part of the auxiliary ship Narcissus. There is also a hallway of the Hadley’s Hope complex where Ripley and the Marines found Newt in Aliens, and there is finally another set for Alien³ and the rest of the films,” said Nostromo.