Waterproof Bluetooth speakers are nothing new, but Ampere’s Shower Power puts an innovative twist on the technology. In addition to being made from 100% recycled plastic from the oceans, this device speaker automatically powers up when the water is turned on and stores enough energy to keep playing even after you’re finished. As long as the water is running, Shower Power produces enough power to play and charge the battery at the same time. When fully charged, this speaker boasts over 14-hours of listening time. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
It took home a CES 2021 Innovation Award and fits just about any fixed or detachable showerhead. Controlling it is as simple as pressing the buttons on top of the speaker, or for added convenience, you can also use an included waterproof remote. Available now for pre-order, priced at $79 for the basic model or $128 with LEDs. More information here.
- Play it loud with EXTRA BASS sound
- Waterproof, rustproof, dustproof and shockproof IP67 design for worry-free usage
- Power through any playlist with up to 12 hours of battery life
- Deep, loud and immersive sound, with true 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Seamless aluminum body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
While we’ve been developing this idea for more than two years now, we couldn’t think of a better time to launch it. After a quarantine-fuelled year, we’re consuming more content on our speakers — like podcasts, audiobooks and music — than ever before. And on top of that, we’re spending even more time at home because of the pandemic. We think that it will be a great fit for audiophiles or avid podcast listeners,” said Reid Covington, Ampere CEO.