Apple’s M1 Mac Mini is touted as the best value yet, and you can get one for $799.99 shipped once the additional $29.01 discount is applied at checkout, today only, originally $899. Unlike its predecessors, this model features an advanced thermal design to sustain its breakthrough performance while staying cool, support for up to two displays including Apple’s Pro Display XDR in full 6K resolution, as well as Wi-Fi 6 for faster wireless performance and the Secure Enclave in M1 for superior security. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- 8-core CPU packs up to 3x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever*
- 8-core GPU with up to 6x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games*
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
This particular configuration comes with 8GB of RAM, and 512GB of internal SSD storage. Some other benefits of the M1 include being able to compile code in Xcode up to 3x faster, play a graphics-intensive game with up to 4x higher frame rates, render a complex timeline in Final Cut Pro up to 6x faster, and take music production to new levels by using up to 3x as many real-time plug-ins in Logic Pro.
M1 is by far the most powerful chip we’ve ever created, and combined with Big Sur, delivers mind-blowing performance, extraordinary battery life, and access to more software and apps than ever before. We can’t wait for our customers to experience this new generation of Mac, and we have no doubt it will help them continue to change the world,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.