Photo credit: GameRoomTheater
For those who miss going to the cinema or video arcade (if they still exist where you reside), there’s probably no better place than this person’s basement, or so we’d like to think. Not only is there a private movie theater, but a full on game room as well, complete with a slot machine. Future upgrades include moving the entire seating further back to install an acoustically transparent screen and putting the front left, center, and right channel speakers behind the screen. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The owner has now closed off the theater space, added a door and installed another 32-inch screen outside of the theater room for scrolling movie posters, powered by the same computer that outputs to the other display next to the popcorn machine. Some of the equipment used include: two Polk RTiA9 towers, a Polk CSiA6 center, four Polk RC65 in wall surrounds, four Polk RC60i in-ceiling ATMOS, two SVS PB-2000 subwoofers, an Emotiva XDA-5 GEN1 amplifier, and an NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019).
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Also available through the Roku mobile app
- Striking 4K UHD picture performance with HDR technology
- Simple, intuitive Roku interface allows seamless access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes
- 4K Creative Pro Upscaling allows you to view your favorite HD content in near 4K quality
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, Ethernet
Upcoming changes, will finally close this space off as soon as lock down is over, will add a wall and door, the HVAC vents will not be an issue as previously thought. Kicking around the idea to use another spare screen I have at the entrance as a digital ticket booth instead of the faux ones you can buy,” said the owner.