Blackmagic Design’s all-new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro now sports a compact SLR-like design, while packing more features for high end digital film, including a brighter 1,500 nit adjustable HDR touchscreen screen, built-in ND filters, a larger battery, as well as support for an optional electronic viewfinder. It also boasts generation 5 color science, Super 35 HDR image sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range, dual native ISO of 25,600 and a popular EF lens mount. Read more for a hands-on video, additional pictures and information.
At $2495 USD, its made from lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite and offers a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB as well as shutter angle right at their fingertips. The large 5-inch LCD makes it possible to get perfect focus at 4K / 6K resolutions, while the larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor lets photographers use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
With the new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, we wanted to include all the high end features from digital film cameras into a Pocket Cinema Camera design. This means you get an extremely portable digital film solution but with all the advanced features like the amazing ND filters, optional viewfinder and bright HDR touchscreen. We think our digital filmmaker customers will love it!,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO.