Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Limited to just 7-units worldwide and based on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Caviar’s Goldphone is the world’s first 2.2-pound gold bar smartphone. Unfortunately, it’ll set you back at least $169,000 USD since the device is made from the purest 999.9 (24 Carat) gold. Aside from the gold, the smartphone specs remain the same, which includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, 6.8-inch 120Hz OLED panel, 12GB of RAM, a larger in-screen fingerprint sensor and a 5000mAh battery. Read more for a video and additional information.
Camera wise, there’s a quad rear camera setup that consists of a 108MP main, 12MP wide-angle, 10MP 3x optical telephoto, and 10MP 10x optical telephoto with Laser AF. You also get a 40MP front-facing camera for selfies and video calls. Although the S21 Ultra may not stand the test of time, the gold bar itself could prove to be a wise investment, just not at $169,000 USD.
- PRO-GRADE CAMERA: Zoom in close with 100X Space Zoom, and take photos and videos like a pro with our easy-to-use, multi-lens camera.
- SHARP 8K VIDEO: Capture your life’s best moments in head-turning, super-smooth, cinema quality 8K Video.
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO RECORD: Create share-ready videos and GIFs with multi-cam recording and automatic, professional-style effects.
- HIGHER RESOLUTION, 100X ZOOM: Get amazing clarity with a dual lens combo of 3X and 10X optical zoom and revolutionary 100X Space Zoom.
- ALL DAY INTELLIGENT BATTERY: Intuitively manages your cellphone’s usage, so you can go all day without charging.