The China National Space Administration (CNSA) has officially named its first Mars exploration mission “Tianwen-1,” which is derived from the long poem Questions to Heaven, written by Qu Yuan (about 340-278 BC), one of the country’s greatest poets. In the future, all of China’s planetary exploration missions will be named with the Tianwen prefix, signifying China’s perseverance in pursuing truth, science, exploration and the universe. Read more for a video and additional information.
China aims to launch the Mars probe later in 2020, aiming to complete orbiting, landing and roving goals in a single mission. Since 2016, the nation has set April 24th as the country’s Space Day to mark the launch of its first satellite Dongfanghong-1, which was launched into space on April 24, 1970. This year alsomarks the 50th anniversary of the start of China’s entry into space.
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3” (9cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1” (4cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1” (3cm) high and 1” (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1” (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play
The fact that the whole country celebrates it allows us to believe not only in overcoming this situation as soon as possible and returning to normal life, but also in successfully solving all future tasks and problems that will be faced by our planet,” said CNSA astronauts.