Photo credit: Mobile via Car Scoops
If you’re a car collector with a cool $1-million burning a hole in your pocket right now, there’s an ultra rare Lexus LFA that can be had for $956,856 USD. Limited to just 500-units worldwide, this particular example has been wrapped in chrome and has just 541-miles on the odometer. It’s powered by a 4.8L V10 engine producing 552 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque, mated to a Aisin six-speed single clutch (automated manual) transmission actuated with paddle-shifters. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
In the North American market, 150 cars were initially sold through a two-year lease program, similar to the Ferrari F50, thus preventing owners from reselling the vehicle for a profit. To further drump up interest, professional racing driver Scott Pruett was hired to give test drives to interested buyers, demonstrating the vehicle’s capabilities at Auto Club Speedway. Lexus later changed their stance and allowed customers to purchase the vehicle outright, but only on the condition that they sign an agreement giving the dealer first right of refusal to buy back the LFA if the owner wanted to sell it within the first two years.
- Inspire hours of imaginative play with an enormous Hot Wheels garage — a vertical tower with parking (easy storage) for more than 90 cars!
- Launch cars through the double lane loop back into Hot Wheels City or be devoured by the Shark.
- Speed down the side-by-side racetrack from the top of the parking tower for a thrilling downhill challenge with a big air jump.
- The two-car elevator zips cars to the top of the garage with the press of a button.
- The adventure continues with multiple connection points to connect to other Hot Wheels sets.