Photo credit: Disney
Disney Imagineers announced today that Splash Mountain at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom park in Florida, will soon be completely rethemed. These attractions will be themed after the animated Disney film, “The Princess and the Frog,” letting guests join Princess Tiana and Louis on a musical adventure as they prepare for their first-ever Mardi Gras performance. Read more for a video ride along of the current attraction and additional information.
This story will be set against the backdrop of New Orleans and the Louisiana bayou. Walt Disney himself opened New Orleans Square in 1966 and it became the first new “land” added to Disneyland park, so it’s fitting to link the story and music of “The Princess and the Frog” to the theme parks.
- Fans can celebrate Disney Mickey Mouse’s 90th anniversary with this Steamboat Willie model toy, featuring steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along, an adjustable crane and lots of authentic details.
- This LEGO boat set includes 2 new-for-April-2019 minifigures: Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, each with silver-colored decoration, plus Mickey Mouse’s parrot figure
- Steamboat Willie LEGO boat toy measures over 5” (15cm) high, 10” (26cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide
- 751 pieces – Mickey Mouse toy building set for boys and girls aged 10+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Ideas 21317 Disney Steamboat Willie collectible construction toy can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative play
Like Princess Tiana, I believe that courage and love are the key ingredients for wonderful adventures. I am delighted to be a part of bringing this fun-filled experience to our guests,” said Charita Carter, the senior creative producer leading the project at Walt Disney Imagineering.