Lordstown Motors officially revealed its all-electric Endurance pickup truck today at the Lordstown Complex in Youngstown, Ohio. No details were released, but we do know that it sports in-wheel hub motors, all-wheel-drive capability and 440 kW of total peak output. The company aims to be the first U.S. automotive OEM in the race to produce the industry’s first fully-electric pickup truck, purpose-built for fleet use. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
How did they come up with the design? Lordstown Motors searched for a design firm that would strengthen its commitment to American automotive development and manufacturing, thus a strategic partnership with California-based Hydra Design Labs was formed. Production for the Endurance is set to begin in late 2020, with vehicle deliveries starting in the first quarter of 2021.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch.
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.Rated voltage:54.8V
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
We are thrilled to be a part of the Lordstown Motors project, helping make history with the world’s first all-electric pickup truck. Our goal with designing the Endurance was to create a rugged platform that could deliver on the demands of fleet-duty pickup. We were able to leverage the layout of the electric drivetrain to explore unique new design solutions,” said Jon Hull, founder and president of Hydra Design Labs.