Reed Timmer used his DJI Mavic Air 2 drone to capture insane tornado footage over Andover, Kansas. Over 1,000 structures were destroyed, but thankfully, only four people were injured, none of them requiring hospitalization. The EF3 tornado was on the ground for 21-minutes and carved a 13-mile path, with winds reaching a maximum speed of 155 mph.
Andover fire chief Chad Russell stated that out of the 1,074 buildings damaged by the tornado, roughly 300-400 of them were completely destroyed, and that it will take years to fully recover from this storm. On the bright side, electricity was fully restored to the nearly 15,000 customers who lost power during the storm on Sunday. On Mars, these mega dust storms wreak havoc instead of tornadoes.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
I can’t even describe how calm / laminar the atmosphere was around the Andover tornado. Hardly even a breeze felt by the drone. Exactly what was expected with being so close to a tornado like that touching down via dynamical pipe,” said Reed Timmer, Tornado Chaser.