Garmin’s Instinct Rugged Outdoor Watch is a great Apple / Android Wear Watch alternative for those who want something ultra rugged, and it can be picked up for $169.99 shipped, today only, originally $299.99. In addition to be constructed to U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (up to 100 meters), it boasts a built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter as well as multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support to help track in case of emergency. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
You’ll also be able to monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress or train with preloaded activity profiles. Pair it with a compatible smartphone to stay connected with notifications and automatic data uploads to the Garmin Connect online fitness community. You can also use the TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point. On a full charge expect up to 14-days of battery life in smartwatch mode, 16-hours in GPS mode and 40-hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode.