Garmin’s Instinct Solar Rugged Outdoor Smartwatch can provide near unlimited battery life with sufficient light exposure in Battery Saver mode, and you can get one for $249.99 shipped, today only originally $399.99. When in Expedition Mode with sufficient solar exposure, Instinct Solar offers increased GPS functionality while still delivering over two months of battery life, which can be managed in new Power Manager settings. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Solar charging capabilities allow you to extend battery life beyond traditional charging
- Rugged GPS Watch is water-rated to 100 meters and constructed to U.S. military standard 810 for thermal, shock and water resistance
- Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Track your activities for running, biking, swimming, strength and more
- Help understand your health and wellness better with all-day health monitoring and Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
Plus, this rugged outdoor smartwatch includes Pulse Ox2 to measure how well an individual’s body is absorbing oxygen as well as a Body Battery to optimize body energy reserves through health monitoring metrics. You’ll still be able to track your activities for running, biking, swimming, strength and more.
Garmin’s multisport GPS watches are the choice for athletes and adventurers willing to push themselves through the next mile or over the next mountain. Using our solar capabilities, the new solar watches provide extraordinary battery life and give customers the ability to follow their passion to the sunset and further,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales.