With all the social distancing protocols in place, it’s tough for runners to have someone to compete with, that is unless…you have The Ghost Pacer. It’s touted as the world’s first set of mixed-reality glasses that projects a hologram you can actually race against outdoors in real-time. The hologram won’t remain at the same distance, as you surpass your 3D avatar, it can be overtaken, but slow down, and it’ll leave you zip right by. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Simply put on the glasses, and your 3D avatar will behave like a real object in space, just like a human running partner, all the while maintaining a realistic pace that takes into account the terrain as well as your fitness level. It uses GPS and a proprietary IMU to achieve a realistic holographic projection that guides you during running sessions. More information here.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
- Oculus Quest requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world.
Easily set the pace of the Ghost Pacer as you work toward your target goal. Define a constant target pace. Pull up an old workout from the app and run against your own fluctuating pace. You can even run against your friends or anyone sharing runs on Strava,” said its creator.