It’s fairly common to see high-speed chases on your local news, and while some may be entertaining to watch, they put the public and officers at risk. The Grappler Police Bumper aims to change that by keeping pursuits from ending in a fatal crash. It was invented by Leonard Stock who came up with the idea in the middle of the night and then spent years to perfect it. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The steel device basically deploys a heavy-duty net that grabs onto the target’s back wheel, which then gets snugly wrapped and locks the axle while ruining the tire. Put simply, it can bring the vehicle to a stop within seconds.
- Broad, Detailed Video: 1080p Full-HD Video with a super-wide-angle lens captures the whole road in crystal-clear clarity.
- Superior Night Vision: Advanced NightHawk technology and a unique Wide Dynamic Range video system provide enhanced nighttime capture.
- Easy Video Management: Connect to the built-in Wi-Fi and open the Roav DashCam app to seamlessly view, configure, download, or share incredible HD video.
- Records While You’re Away: Gravity Sensor detects sudden movements, such as a car bumping into your car, and automatically turns on to record activity, even when your car is off.
- What You Get: Roav DashCam A1, Anker Car Charger, Micro USB cable, Trim Removal Tool, User Manual, Happy Card, our 12-month product replacement warranty and friendly customer service. Note: A Class 10, 32GB microSD / TF card (not included) is required as lower-class cards may damage the product. A 64GB or 128GB card should be formatted in the dashcam before use. Regularly formatting the card is also recommended.
The Grappler is cutting-edge technology which makes a tremendous difference for troopers. This device positively impacts the safety of troopers, the public and suspects, helping to end pursuits as safely as possible,” said Lt. Col. Jenna Mitchell, assistant director of the Phoenix Highway Patrol Division.