iPhone 6 Fire

Phillip Lechter, a man from Phoenix, Arizona, says that his iPhone 6 caught fire while still in his pocket, burning a hole through his pants’ front pocket leaving him with second-degree burns on his leg. As of today, Apple has not yet contacted him to explain how this could have happened. According to Lechter, “It’s been a little over a week now, so I’ve had the opportunity to get some good medicine on it. It wasn’t like a puff of smoke, I could actually feel my leg burning and I couldn’t figure out what it was,” says Lechter. Continue reading for more detailed images and information.

iPhone 6 Catches Fire

“So these were the pants I was wearing… the part had the most heat was the glass, and that was up against my leg. The flames were coming out of the pocket the smoke was coming out of here… it did burn me as I pulled it out. It’s a lithium battery, it’s a situation through the bending of the phone, it popped the lithium battery which caused the burning,” according to Lechter.