A student at Pentucket Regional High School had a broken iPod, so he “took the entire thing apart and was rubbing wires against the battery, which became very hot, then exploded.” Science projects are usually fun, but experimenting with the internals of an iPod should be left off your shortlist.

This is not a faulty product that caused a danger to people. This was bored kids, in a classroom with a substitute all week, who found a dangerous way to entertain themselves.

[via Gizmodo – image via]

Write A Comment