Cybersecurity researcher Marcus Hutchins shows how to spot tiny hidden cameras concealed inside of fire alarms, clocks, and USB chargers that may be inconspicuously placed throughout your next Airbnb rental. One of the easiest methods is to just shine a bright light on any questionable equipment or electronics placed in optimal locations that could be possibly be used for spying purposes. Read more for the video.
A second method would be simply shaking the device with a bright light, and if you hit a camera lens, you’ll see a blueish reflection. This same trick would also work for devices that appear to be mirrored, like alarm clocks. You could also switch off the lights and use the front-facing camera on a smartphone to identify infrared LEDs for detecting night-vision cameras.
- HD camera pen: 1080P HD hidden camera pen can be used for taking pictures, can record about 150 minutes when fully charged
- Easy to carry: Mini camera pen, hold it in your hand or clip it in your pocket.
- Easy to operate: The top one-button design, press long to start the machine, press to start shooting video once, press twice to take photos
- Applicable scene and crowd: It can be used by men, women, and children, and can be used for learning sharing, family journals, meeting records, outdoor activities, etc.
- Spy pen includes: 1 hidden camera, 1 card reader, 1 SD memory card, 1 USB data/charging cable, 5 ink filling