The Intel Core i5-12400 Alder Lake Desktop Processor with cooler is considered by many to be the best value gaming CPU, and you can get one for $159.99 shipped, today only, originally $237.50. In benchmarks, this processor scored 681 points in single-core and 4983 points in the multi-core test in CPU-z, which put it on par with AMD’s Ryzen 5 5600X. Its multi-core performance is 18% better than its predecessor, the Core i5-11400. Product page.
- Intel Core i5 2.50 GHz processor offers hyper-threading architecture that delivers high performance for demanding applications with improved onboard...
- The processor features Socket LGA-1700 socket for installation on the PCB
- Its 18 MB of L3 cache is good enough to carry routine data and process them in a flash giving you fast and smooth performance
This CPU has a base clock speed of 2.5GHz and can be boosted up to 4.4GHz in turbo mode. On the power side, it boasts a 65 watts base and achieves 117W in turbo mode, or what is referred to as maximum turbo power (MTP), making it energy efficient while performing decently in gaming. Unfortunately (or fortunately), you won’t find these processors in Elon Musk’s Tesla Bot.
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors, support PCIe 5.0 and out of box Windows 11 ready
- Enhanced power solution: 14+1 DrMOS, six-layer PCB, 8+4 ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive cooling: Enlarged VRM heatsink, Stack Cool 3+, M.2 heatsinks, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
The current motherboards are, from high to low; Z690, H670, B660, and H610. It depends on what you are going to do with the computer, what features you want and what you are willing to spend. I ended up with an ASUS TUF H670 because of the features, looks and price. You can find these boards in ATX and mATX sizes,” said one reviewer.