Japan Railway Group’s Series L0 maglev train comes with a hefty price tag, but it did manage to hit a record-setting speed of 375 mph. When completed, it will be the first to cover the 178-mile route between Tokyo and Nagoya. Why will it cost $64-billion? Well, in addition to developing the actual train, the team needs to plan a new route between Tokyo and Nagoya, of which 87 percent will be underground due to seismic activity in the area. Read more for a video and additional information.
Just the single route section will cost the company $50.5 billion alone and take seven years to complete. On the bright side, the train will be able to zip between the two cities in just 40 minutes, cruising at 311 mph. Sure, it can hit a top speed of 375 mph, but when you’re levitating 4-inches off the ground, 311 mph is plenty fast, or at least for safety reasons.
- This LEGO Crocodile Locomotive (10277) model kit is perfect for adults looking to build a vintage locomotive model or for anyone who loves trains and is looking for their next hobby project
- Enjoy a rewarding challenge as you bring this buildable model train to life, then explore the features and functions packed into this set, which celebrates the classic Crocodile Locomotive train
- Discover amazing details with authentic features true to the original Crocodile Locomotive; The 2 LEGO minifigures with tools, display track and plaque provide lots to explore after building the classic train
- Ideal for model train fans, railway enthusiasts and LEGO lovers, this building kit for adults makes a creative gift or birthday present to transport building fans to a world of total relaxation
- This train model measures over 6” (16cm) high, 20.5” (52cm) long and 3.5” (8cm) wide, making it a beautiful display piece to show off with pride