“The Tokyo Toilet Project” collaborated with sixteen architects to renovate public toilets in parks around the Shibuya District. The goal was to make people feel comfortable using public toilets, while also fostering a spirit of hospitality for the next person. Architect Shigeru Ban came up with this transparent design for the Haru-no-Ogawa Community Park and the Yoyogi Fukamachi Mini Park. Read more for a video and additional information.
These may look transparent at first, but step inside and lock the door? The smart glass becomes opaque. How does this electrochromic glass work? Well, by simply applying a low voltage of electricity when the door is locked, the glass darkens coating the lithium ions and electrons transfer from one electrochromic layer to another. By unlocking the door, the polarity is reversed, thus causing the ions and electrons to return to their original layers and return to its clear state.
- BALMUDA The Toaster uses steam technology, heat control, and five different modes to bring out the best in any kind of bread
- REVOLUTIONARY TECHNOLOGY: Heating more rapidly than air, a thin layer of steam envelops the bread, lightly toasting its surface, while keeping its inner moisture and flavor from escaping
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE REGULATION: Precise control of three temperature zones creates superb contrasts of flavor and texture: crisp and savory on the surface, moist and fluffy inside
- TASTE, AROMA, TEXTURE: Use BALMUDA The Toaster variety of modes to bring out the best in every kind of food. Artisan Bread Mode, Sandwich Bread Mode, Pizza Mode, Pastry Mode, Over Mode
- CLEAN COMPACT DESIGN: BALMUDA The Toaster's compact design accents any kitchen décor or countertop