Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD has been officially unveiled, and while priced under $500, it’s definitely no slouch. Featuring a 1920 x 1200 HD 8.9″ display, 1.5-GHz dual-core TI OMAP4470 processor, an HD front-facing camera, HDMI-out, and stereo speakers. You can also pick up the non 4G LTE version for under $300, or a 7″ model at just $199. Product page. Continue reading for two videos, more pictures, and additional information.
- 1920×1200 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- High performance 1.5Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performanceDual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming (compared to iPad 3)
- Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO, Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Kindle FreeTime – a personalized tablet experience just for kids. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child. Free on every Kindle Fire HD.
- Prime Instant Video – unlimited, instant streaming of thousands of popular movies and TV shows
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all 7 Harry Potter books.