Famed motorcycle builder Dirk Oehlerking of Kingston Custom has unveiled his latest creation, called “Good Ghost,” the third in his trilogy of unique bikes. The first two were based on the BMW R80, but this latest build started with a 1980 BMW R100 RS chassis. It’s mainly stock, but he did swap out the shaft drive swing arm for a single-shock BMW ‘Monolever’ unit, equipped with a YSS shock. Read more for additional pictures and information.
To enclose the R100 in a full-length fairing, Dirk started by designing a framework with wire and tape before covering it in cardboard to create a mockup of the final bike. Next, the entire structure was hand-shaped from 2mm thick aluminum. Since the rider is placed on top of the motorcycle, a small fuel cell had to be fabricated that sits behind the transmission, paired with an external fuel pump.
- A representation of the famous Ducati Panigale V4 R to build, explore and display; LEGO Technic fans and motorcycle enthusiasts will love this stunning building challenge
- Build your own Ducati Panigale V4 R to gain a unique insight into the features and functions that make up this iconic motorcycle; Also includes a 2-speed gear-box – a first for LEGO Technic motorcycles
- Recreate the thrill of owning a Ducati Panigale V4 R, with front and rear suspension for realistic model movement; The classic red color scheme brings the motorcycle to life, with true Italian flair
- This is a be great gift choice and a super challenge for LEGO Technic fans aged 10+ who will get a thrill from seeing how a motorcycle works
- This eye-catching model (42107) looks stunning on display; Its dimensions have been designed to give a true representation of the real-life model, Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide
In 2019, the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride in Dallas took place at the Haas Moto Museum. The White Phantom and Black Phantom were the main attraction in the museum that weekend. That honored and touched me very much. Bobby Haas and museum director Stacey Mayfield asked me if it was possible to build a third Phantom, so that a trilogy, a family, would be created,” said Dirk to Bike Exif.