Photo credit: Guilherme Araujo
In the auto racing world, the Lancia Stratos HF (Tipo 829) is a legendary vehicle that won the World Rally Championship in 1974, 1975 and 1976. What really made the Stratos Zero stand out is that it was designed by Bertone designer Marcello Gandini whom had already designed the Lamborghini Miura and was working on the Countach at the time. Guilherme Araujo wanted to give it a modern makeover and thus the Lancia L Concept was born. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
In case you are wondering, the Lancia Stratos Zero did make an appearance in Michael Jackson’s 1988 film Moonwalker. The stunning wedge-shaped Lancia Stratos Zero can now be seen in person at the Petersen Automotive Museum’s “Sculpture in Motion: Masterpieces of Italian Design” exhibit.
- Enjoy immersive building with this LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 set 42115. Then explore the model car’s faithful features, including V12 engine with moving pistons, steering, and front and rear suspension
- With an 8-speed sequential transmission, movable rear spoiler, opening front and rear hood, detailed disc brakes and golden rims, this LEGO Technic model car building set brings you closer than ever to the real Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
- Designed especially for super sports car fans, with superb detailing, this advanced LEGO Technic vehicle construction set comes with a decorative display plate and unique serial number to unlock exclusive online content
- A rewarding building project for you, or a special birthday present or holiday gift for a loved one; This LEGO building set is presented in exclusive luxury packaging and provides a stunning display piece to own and enjoy
- In a vivid lime green color scheme, with golden rims and decorated elements, this 1:8 scale buildable model car measures over 5” (13cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide
This project is a tribute to Lancia Stratos Zero and Lancia Stratos HF, two legendary cars created by Marcello Gandini that were icons of design and RALLY race tracks. In 2020 they celebrate 50 years and 49 years respectively since the first appearance of the Lancia Stratos Zero at the Turin Motor Show in 1970,” said its designer.