The Lenovo ThinkReality A3 are essentially lightweight smartglasses designed for the workplace. They are designed to create customized virtual monitors, 3D visualization to Augmented Reality (AR) assisted workflows and immersive training. Users can either tether them to a PC or Motorola smartphones via a USB-C cable, and they fit like sunglasses, complete with industrial frame options for safer and more durable use. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Lenovo’s A3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon XR1 Platform and boast stereoscopic 1080p displays to present the user with up to 5 virtual displays, while an 8MP RGB camera provides 1080p video for remote expert use cases and dual fish-eye cameras provide room-scale tracking. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but more information should become available tomorrow at CES 2021.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device
The A3 is a next generation augmented reality solution – light, powerful and versatile. The smart glasses are part of a comprehensive integrated digital solution from Lenovo that includes the advanced AR device, ThinkReality software, and Motorola mobile phones. Whether working in virtual spaces or supporting remote assistance, the ThinkReality A3 enhances workers’ abilities to do more wherever they are,” said Jon Pershke, Lenovo Vice President of Strategy and Emerging Business, Intelligent Device Group.