Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
LG is always innovating, whether it be home appliances, smartphones, tablets, or other electronic devices, and recently, a ‘Roll-slide mobile terminal’ patent was filed at the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) and published on September 24, 2020. Samsung and Motorola both have smartphones with flexible displays, so it’s no surprise that LG is hard at work on their own. This device shows a device with a flexible display that can be partly rolled up in the metal housing. Read more to see the patent, additional renders and information.
When completely rolled up, it looks like a normal smartphone, but using the roll-slide mechanism, you’ll be able to slide out the display from both left and right sides. When fully expanded, the screen area increases by 100%. However, users can decide to only roll out one side, as the frame edges move with it. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on when we’ll see a functional prototype.
- Introducing the new A Series: the features you’ve been waiting for in your unlocked cell phone. Take crisp pics with the 48MP quad camera. Immerse yourself in a spacious high definition screen, powered by a long-lasting, fast charging battery
- Unlocked by Samsung: Pick more than just your new cell phone. With your unlocked device, choose your preferred carrier, data plan, services, features and apps, and get your phone exactly how you want it
- Crisp. Colorful. Captivating. Dive into edge-to-edge color with an expansive 6. 5” Infinity-O Display featuring a Super AMOLED screen that brings cinematic clarity right to your fingertips
- Pro-grade shots in just a snap: From epic landscape shots and dramatic portraits, to macro angles that reveal intricate textures and detail, this impressive quad camera has a lens for whatever inspires you
- Smooth, stable shots: Take remarkably smooth video of fast-moving action in crisp, UHD quality. Its top-notch stability makes photos and videos look super smooth with minimal blur