Always wanted to make your own 3D holograms at home? Soon, you’ll be able to do just that with LitiHolo’s Desktop 3D Hologram Printer, the first of its kind. It works by taking multiple perspective images, captured from a camera, video footage, or rendered from a typical 3D graphics design, and separating them into unique recordings for each individual pixel on the hologram. These pixels are called “hogel” or “hologram element.” Read more for a video and additional information.
The printer then optically encodes these hologram elements with a laser light onto the special hologram film. When finished, the hologram recreates the various perspectives as if the 3D image is truly there, letting one look around the image to see different angles, including above and below. More information here.
- Countless hours of high quality printing with the most reliable low-cost 3D printer
- Quickly and easily make your 1st print out of the box with completely pre-assembled printer, included 0.5 kilogram spool of filament and clear setup instructions. Maximum build depth (inches): 9
- Far superior safety compared to competition with fully enclosed design, non-heated build plate, PLA-only printing and 3rd party UL safety approval
- Compatible with brand new Dremel Digilab 3D Slicer based on cura, the industry leading open source 3D printing software and gcode files so you can use your favorite slicer
- Accompanied by unparalleled local Dremel customer service support and industry’s best 1-year warranty. Extruder temperature: Up to 230°C /397°F
Holography has evolved a great deal in the 60 years since its introduction and we view our Desktop 3D Hologram Printer as an important next step in bringing this technology to the masses. For the first time, the power to create true holograms will be accessible to anyone with one of our printers, which opens up a whole new world of hologram possibilities,” said Paul Christie, LitiHolo CEO and MIT Media Lab alumni.