Startup BigRep has just revealed the LOCI Podcar, a prototype vehicle that consists of fourteen fully 3D-printed parts, paired with an electric powertrain and self-driving technology. At 85 x 146 x 285 cm, the body is printed using BigRep’s Pro HT, while the company’s PLX material is used for the bumpers. Nylon 6 was used on the beams and joints, while the tires from thermoplastic polyurethane. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The company hasn’t confirmed what type of electric drivetrain it’s using or the autonomous technology, but the interior does boast a touchscreen media hub, surround sound audio, wireless smartphone charging as well as plenty of LED lighting. There will be three different trims when it’s released, with the first being “Berlin”, a single-seater campus commuter sporting TPU airless tires and NFC components that can be scanned using a mobile phone.
- Great starter 3D Printer, Super easy to setup since it comes almost entirely preassembled, come with all the proper tools to get started, and just a single grub screw to level instead of having to level each corner. Great introduction to 3D printing
- With the Dual Rails, No worry about Z wobble issue; The dual Z axis rail make the bed very stable, this helps with the movement and to make sure the bed does not shift in the middle of printing; Better choice for large x-y objects with super-fine details
- Upgraded LED Array, With the UV upgraded lighting, it makes the resolution and the accuracy in your printing that much better and tighter than any other 3d printer in its class. The pitting in the skin, the hair and the texture in the clothing all can shows up
- More Function, 1 Touch screen, offer a new-Level use experience 2 Sanded Aluminum platform, greatly enhance adhesion make it more stable during printing 3 Double air filtration system, effectively reduce the divergence of odor 4 CE Certified Power Supply
- Photon Owner's Group, On Facebook as the people there are very knowledgeable and love to help with issues; They are eager to give suggestions and advice for everyone to get the best of their Photon and photon S