Ever wonder what the Fellowship’s battle with a cave troll in Moria’s Chamber of Mazarbul would look like with lightsabers instead of their normal weapons? If so (or not), Immersion VFX has created a video showing just that, but with a few lightsaber arrows thrown in as a bonus. All of the work took around five months to complete, as every single weapon, including the one used by the troll, had to be replaced. Read more for the clip and additional information.
For those who wanted to know a bit more about lightsabers, they are the Force-user’s tool, described in A New Hope by Obi-Wan Kenobi as “not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.” Its source of power come from a kyber crystal
- A fully cooperative, app supported board game set in J.R.R; Tolkien’s iconic middle earth for 1 to 5 players
- Form your own fellowship as you become heroes of the free peoples of Middle Earth, preparing your skills and testing you might and wisdom in combat against the dark forces threatening the land
- The immersive companion app guides you through each scenario and tracks your progress through entire campaigns
- Choose from 6 iconic heroes, increasing your power and customizing your skills over the course of your adventures
- Journey across 22 map tiles and do battle against 25 beautifully sculpted enemy miniatures
- The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings the Hobbit the Fellowship of the Ring the Two Towers the
- Tolkien, J.R.R. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 1728 Pages - 09/25/2012 (Publication Date) - Del Rey (Publisher)
A disturbance in the force has led the fellowship to the Kyber mines of Moria. A place long thought to be dead. But an evil presence stirs below…,” said Immersion VFX.