Photo credit: New Atlas
Despite just having a lightweight 9-kWh battery, the Nawa Racer has a 186-mile urban range and superbike-like acceleration, thanks to an ultracapacitor hybrid energy system. Since ultracapacitors are capable of charging and discharging almost instantaneously, while lasting millions of cycles, which makes them perfect energy storage units for electric motorcycles. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The Nawa Racer is set to make its debut as a technology demonstrator at CES 2020 in Las Vegas next month. It’s an eye-opener, starting with its hubless rear wheel drive system that’s been rated at 99 horsepower, good for a 0-62 mph acceleration time in just under 3-seconds. Its energy storage system is split into upper and lower halves, with the former housing the ultracapacitor and the latter the 9-kWh lithium battery pack.
- Science Kits for Kids Age 8-12 : Encourage Your kids to build their robots and enjoy the endless fun of DIY science activities. Perfect gifts recommended for teens age 8 years and up.
- Robotics for Kids: Including 3 sets parts for kids to assemble. Create electric balance car toys, doodling robot, Reptile robot.
- Kids Science Experiment Kits: Kids can create electronic builds with their own hands, using the motors, wires and all parts included. Make learning more fun, learn basic principles of simple circuit, motors, mechanical and engineering. Stimulate their curiosity and creativity.
- DIY Instruction Booklet: Clear and complete science guide booklet for kids to follow, let your kids to explorer their own world independently. Exercise their ability to solve the problems.
- Packaging Includes: 3 pack robot parts, small screwdriver and an instruction booklet. 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Response within 24 hours for any problems. Buy Giggleway educational toys worry free today.
It’s recouping 80-90 percent of the energy of your braking…and letting you use that right away when the light goes green. I don’t think in this kind of configuration it’ll add more than a few hundred dollars. We’ve said before, if you reduce the size of the battery and add an ultracapacitor, it would not be an overall cost adder. It would likely make the overall package a lower cost solution,” said Nawa CEO Ulrik Grape to New Atlas.