Shigeru Miyamoto announced today on Twitter that the new animated Nintendo Super Mario Bros movie has been delayed until Spring 2023. It was initially going to be released in theaters on December 21, 2022, but most likely encountered some post production delays. The voice cast includes Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Day, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key, and Seth Rogen.
Animation fans will be delighted to know that Illumination Mac Guff is behind this film from their studio in Paris, France. Unfortunately, there is still no idea about any of the plot details, since they were even kept secret to the actors during recording, in which they were offered several versions of some lines and asked to choose what they felt suited the scene best. Fortunately, you won’t have to pay $2-million for an opening day ticket, unlike this graded copy of Super Mario Bros. for the NES.
- 7-inch OLED screen - Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
- Wired LAN port - Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
- 64 GB internal storage - Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
- Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch – OLED Model supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software
This is Miyamoto. After consulting with Chris-san, my partner at Illumination on the Super Mario Bros. film, we decided to move the global release to Spring 2023–April 28 in Japan and April 7 in North America. My deepest apologies but I promise it will be well worth the wait,” said Shigeru Miyamoto on Twitter.