The NVIDIA Shield TV 4K HDR Streaming Media Player is touted as best in its class, and can be picked up for $129.99 shipped, today only, originally $149.99. What sets this apart from the competition is its ability to use the latest NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor to upscale HD video to 4K using the power of AI. This means crisper, clearer, video enhanced to 4K resolution, all done in real-time. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Fast. Really Fast. SHIELD TV takes media streaming to a whole new level, powered by the NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor, SHIELD TV is the world’s most powerful Android TV streaming media player.
- Dolby Vision - Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos surround sound—delivering ultra-vivid picture quality and immersive audio. Enhance HD video in real-time to 4K for clearer, crisper visuals using next-generation AI upscaling.
- Best-In-Class Design. The new SHIELD TV is compact, stealth, and designed to disappear behind your entertainment center, right along with your cables. With Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band AC Wi-Fi, a built-in power supply, and a microSD card slot for storage expansion, it is powerful, feature-packed, and built for behind-the-scenes brilliance. The all-new remote is more advanced than ever with motion-activated, backlit buttons—including a user-customizable button. With voice control, Bluetooth, IR control for your TV, and a built-in lost remote locator, you have the most advanced remote yet.
- Unlimited Entertainment. Get the most 4K content of any streaming media player. Watch Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney+ and Vudu in crisp 4K HDR, and YouTube, Hulu Live, Google Play Movies & TV, and more in 4K. Stream from your phone with built-in Chromecast 4K. Add a game controller (sold separately) and play today’s most popular games like Fortnite with GeForce NOW
- Voice Control. The built-in Google Assistant is at your command. See photos, live camera feeds, weather, sports scores, and more on the big screen. Dim the lights and immerse yourself in your favorite show or music using your voice. And control your SHIELD hands-free with Google Home or Alexa and Echo.
There’s also support for both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus, which means the player can deliver an immersive surround sound experience from technology created for the cinema, while Dolby Vision transforms your TV experience with advanced HDR inspired by the cinema delivering vivid, lifelike image with highlights up to 40 times brighter and blacks 10 times darker than a standard picture.
The all-new remote features voice search, motion-activated, backlit buttons and an IR blaster to control your TV. Or, you can control your device hands-free with Google Home or Alexa and Amazon Echo.