Oppo Air Glass was unveiled at Inno Day 2021, and it’s essentially an aR (assisted Reality) device that comes equipped with the company’s Spark Micro Projector, Micro LED technology, and a custom diffraction optical waveguide display. It supports four different user interactions through touch, voice, head movement, and hand motion, which provides instant access to information. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The eyepiece is built around a groundbreaking monocle waveguide design, complete with free-flowing curves, which accent its lightweight and minimalist appearance. Oppo’s Spark Micro Projector is around the size of a coffee bean and features a CNC metal enclosure with a glass lens module to provide better heat dissipation and stability. Operation is easy, as it requires users to simply control Air Glass with the Smart Glass App on OPPO Watch 2 and any OPPO smartphone installed with ColorOS 11 or above. Available Q1 2022 in China, with pricing yet to be announced.
- Keep your experience smooth and seamless, even as high speed action unfolds around you with a super-fast processor and high-resolution display. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Experience total immersion with 3D positional audio, hand tracking and haptic feedback, working together to make virtual worlds feel real.
- Explore an expanding universe of over 250 titles across gaming, fitness, social/multiplayer and entertainment, including exclusive blockbuster releases and totally unique VR experiences.
- Travel universes in blockbuster fantasies, scare yourself witless in horror adventures or collaborate with colleagues in innovative workspaces.
- Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers.
OPPO has been exploring the possibilities of Extended Reality (XR) for a long time, and with Air Glass, we have finally created a smart glass product that is truly within the reach of consumers. As its futuristic design suggests, OPPO Air Glass is set to revolutionize the way we view and consume information. The easy-to-use display can present key messages we need right in front of our eyes. With OPPO Air Glass, the world will never look the same again,” said Levin Liu, OPPO Vice President and Head of OPPO Research Institute.