Inventor Shane Wighton was tired of trying to crack macadamia nuts using standard tools, so he decided to build the world’s strongest nutcracker, literally. Typical nut crackers rely on a lever that is pressed down to force them open when sandwiched between two hard surfaces. This one uses four miniature blanks that release high-pressure gas when the lever is pressed, resulting in a steel piston blasting a two-inch diameter hole into the object. Read more for a video and additional information.
Building this wasn’t simply repurposing an existing nutcracker, but instead required several differential equations to calculate exactly how thick the steel tube holding the piston should be. You could also think of it as a miniaturized gas-powered piston that looks like a wooden nutcracker.
- Better Choice: We have launched a new generation air fryer-COSORI Pro II that can cook 20% faster and is easier to use as well. Search "CP358-AF" or choose "Pro II" to check it
- PERFECT RESULT: An NTC sensor sends accurate information to the air fryer, which automatically adjusts temperatures to keep fluctuations under 5°F for evenly cooked meals
- ONE-TOUCH COOKING: Choose from 13 convenient cooking functions with a single touch, each finely tuned by COSORI chefs to product the tastiest results. You can also choose your preferred temperature and time for your personal recipes
- LARGE CAPACITY: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. Additionally, the corner spaces provide more cooking capacity and flexibility than round designs. Cook the perfect amount of food for 3–5 people in one go
- 100 INCLUDED RECIPES: Find inspiration for every meal with 100 original, COSORI-chef-created recipes that include size, cook time, and temperature. Even beginner chefs can cook with confidence