Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
In a recently uncovered patent, Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications appears to be working on a dual-sided smartphone with a wraparound display. The sketches from the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO), under a filing called ‘Method for assembling and disassembling electronic equipment’, shows how the device might look with a flexible display that wraps around both front and back. Read more for additional pictures and information.
These patent sketches may not look like much, but in the hands of talented designer Jermaine Smit, better known as Concept Creator, it comes to life. This dual-sided smartphone’s back and left side are covered by a flexible screen, while a thin border remains visible on the right side. A metallic trim also had to be fitted at the rear to accommodate a vertically stacked triple camera system. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but we could see a concept at Mobile World Congress 2021 in Barcelona, which begins on June 28th.
- Hasselblad Camera for Mobile- Take your best shot with the OnePlus 9 5G’s Triple Camera system co-developed by Hasselblad, featuring a 48MP main camera, 50MP Ultra-Wide camera, and 2MP monochrome lens
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 - Powered by the most powerful Snapdragon platform yet, the OnePlus 9 5G delivers fast and smooth performance across every app
- A Day’s Power in 15 Minutes - Take wired charging to the next level with Warp Charge 65T. The OnePlus 9 5G also supports Qi wireless charging for those wanting to take their charging wireless
- 120 Hz Fluid Display - 6.55” Full HD display with a 120 Hz refresh rate. Scroll, swipe, and enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly on this stunning display
- 5G Capable – Experience faster upload and download speeds along with lower latency when connected to a 5G network (only compatible with T-Mobile 5G)