OPPO’s rollable smartphone prototype may not hit the market until later this year or in 2022, but some have already managed to get considerable hands-on time with the device. For those who missed the initial announcement last November, it features the company’s Roll Motor powertrain, 2-in-1 Plate, and self-developed Warp Track high-strength screen laminate. These technologies combine to form a continuously variable OLED display that measures as small as 6.7 inches and as large as 7.4 inches. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Users can toggle between the screen sizes using the power button, which means a swipe-up extends it and swipe-down can be used to retract. Unfortunately, the prototype does not have volume keys or a selfie camera, but we’re sure the production model will have both of these features. Pricing will be announced closer to the release date.
- Refined 2-in-1 Design: A new, revolutionary mobile experience with on-demand expansive viewing, seamless interactivity, and cinematic infinity displays; Folded, it’s a cell phone – unfolded, it’s a tablet
- Adaptive Flex Mode: Capture hands-free photos and videos from any angle, and control Android apps by using both halves of the large display; Preview on one half and video chat, record, browse, edit, and more on the other screen
- Productivity & Play: The latest Galaxy cellphone brings seamless integration of hardware and software, so you can multitask while using multiple apps; Enjoy wireless DeX productivity, which allows you to use a monitor or TV as a second to display for gaming, working, and more
- Power Packed: Advanced processor and impressive 12GB RAM give you fast and powerful performance for fluid multitasking and gaming with little lag — and 256GB internal storage gives your cellular phone the space to hold it all
- 5G Connectivity: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Galaxy Z Fold 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
OPPO uses technology to empower people to capture the beauty around them and to unleash their imagination of the future; thereby helping everyone get the best out of life. Accordingly, we decide to set forth the 3+N+X technology development strategy for OPPO’s long-term development,” said Tony Chen, OPPO Founder and CEO.