Oppo’s annual Inno Day event is set to take place next week in Shenzhen, China, kicking off at 4:00pm local time (3:00 EST). One smartphone technology that will be unveiled is a telescoping, retractable camera designed specially for smartphones. No additional information was released, but the company did release a short teaser video that shows water resistance and possibly a fall detection mechanism. Read more for the video and additional information.
Most pop-ups are annoying…
But not our self-developed retractable camera! 😉
— OPPO (@oppo) December 7, 2021
We can make out a 1/1.58-inchsor with 50mm equivalent focal length and a f/2.4 aperature, though the technical details (megapixels, etc.) are yet to be discussed. Oppo Inno Day 2021 is touted as a virtual launch event that will go down as one of the most interactive online launch events in recent years. Visitors will be able to join the launch remotely, complete with customized avatars and the ability to visit all of the virtual exhibition halls.
- 15 Minutes for a Full Day’s Power – Eliminate charging anxiety with Warp Charge 65. All it takes is a short charge to get you ready for your day.
- 120Hz Fluid Display – Experience a 6.55” ultra-smooth display, with stunning color accuracy. The OnePlus 8T display refreshes twice as fast as standard displays, making everyday use on the smartphone feel much smoother.
- 48 MP Quad Camera – Shoot brilliant photos and videos with the 48 MP main camera, a sweeping 16 MP Ultra-Wide-Angle Camera, a 5 MP Macro Lens for portrait mode, and an all-new Monochrome Lens.
- 5G Powerhouse Performance – Play the most graphically intensive games and use demanding productivity apps with ease, thanks to the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor.
- 256GB Storage + 12GB RAM – Store more of your favorite apps, games, and media with an expansive 256GB storage. Open apps quickly and smoothly with 12GB of RAM.
Ever since OPPO INNO DAY started in 2019, the event has been considered as the precursor of the company’s roadmap. At the inaugural OPPO INNO DAY 2019, OPPO illustrated its integrated ecosystem of cutting-edge technologies, including AR Glasses, 5G CPE, and smartwatch. Last year, OPPO showcased three conceptual products, including a revolutionary rollable phone. For 2021, OPPO is digitalizing the launch event and exhibitions, transforming the conventional event into an entertaining and interactive world of virtual experiences,” said the company.