The Panasonic LUMIX G7 4K Digital Camera with the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm Mega O.I.S. Lens is perfect for both vloggers as well as amateur filmmakers alike, and you can get the bundle for $497.99 shipped, today only, originally $799.99. What sets it apart from other compact cameras is its ability to record amazingly smooth, high-resolution QFHD 4K video in 3840×2160 at 30p or 24p in MP4 as well as Full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p video in AVCHD Progressive or MP4 (MPEG-4 / H.264) format with practical full-time Auto Focus (AF). Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Professional photo & video: Performance: 16 megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance; Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412 MHz 2462 MHz (1 11 ch), Wi Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Intuitive Controls: Easily control aperture and shutter settings with the front and rear dials while making White balance and ISO adjustments on the fly; Assign favorite settings to any of the six function buttons (six on body, five on menu)
- High Resolution Viewfinder & LCD Display: High resolution (2,360K dot) OLED live view finder and rear touch Enabled 3 inch tilt/swivel LCD display (1,040 dot) are clear even in bright sunlight. Diagonal Angle of View: 75°（Ｗ）～29°（Ｔ）
- Connectivity & Ports: 3.5 millimeter external mic port, 2.5 millimeter remote port, USB 2.0 and micro HDMI Type D; Compatible with newer BUS Class UHS I/UHS II SDXC/SDHC SD cards capable of storing high resolution 4K videos
Featuring a 16.00-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor that achieves both higher resolution and higher sensitivity image recording with minimum noise, while its Venus Engine image processor with quad-core CPU enables high speed signal processing. To keep images crisp, an advanced Multi-process NR (Noise Reduction) applies effective noise reduction and detail processing according to each component frequency. That’s not all, its Random Filter reduces chromatic noise in the image even more naturally, thus making ISO 25,600 achievable.
The LUMIX G7 uses Contrast AF for its focus system that excels in both speed and accuracy. The LUMIX G digital interchangeable lens is capable of digital signal communication at max. 240 fps, allowing focusing that is impressively quick and smooth. The Contrast AF system in the G7 is further enhanced by Panasonic’s integration of DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology, originally introduced in the now legendary LUMIX GH4, which even shortens the time to focus,” said Panasonic.