Let’s face it, 3D printing technologies have not yet advanced to the point where builders are able to print modern homes that rival the ones built by hand from the ground up. Formwork firm PERI hopes to change that with their newest detached single-family property. Located in Beckum, Germany, this home is the first 3D-printed building to become certified with a national building accreditation in the country. When completed, it will become the largest 3D-printed multi-family house in Europe spanning 380 square meters of living space. Read more for a video and additional information.
The living space will be dvided into five apartments across three levels, built using COBOD’s modular BOD 2 printing system, which is a flexible platform that can be scaled to suit projects of various sizes. This massive 3D printer only needs two operators and takes less than 48 hours to set-up on-site.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
This integration of other trades has had a huge impact. We are saving a lot of labour in other trades because in the buildings we’re executing there’s not going to be a single slot that has to be cut; nobody’s going to have to drill a hole for a power outlet,” said Meyer-Brötz, PERI’s head of 3D construction printing.