Photo credit: Peta Pixel
Photographer Noah Kalina captured a self portrait every day for the past 20 year, starting on January 11, 2000. This project began long before the concept of a “selfie” became popular, which meant he had to use cameras with flippable viewfinders so he could see himself before snapping each photo. To date, he’s missed just 27 out of 7,305 days, along with a handful of images from August 2003 that were lost in a hard drive crash. Read more for the time-lapse clip.
Kalina more or less kept the same facial expression throughout each image for continuity purposes, even as his face begins to age and the settings where the photo is taken changes. His expressions, paired with the music, show what we all go through in the passage of time and grow older.
- SO MANY REASONS TO SMILE – The KODAK Smile Instant Print Digital Camera Brings a Bundle of Cheer to Any Setting. The Camera Uses Zero Ink Technology to Print HD Quality Photos on 2”x3” Zink Sticky-Backed Photo Paper
- TOTALLY TRENDY SLIDING DESIGN – Unlike Other Bulky Instant Print Cameras, the smile is Pleasantly Compact w/Unique Slide-Out Protective Case; The Durable Poly Resin Casing Glides Open Wide to Reveal an 8 millimeter Lens w/Automatic Focus
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES – Whether you’re a curious kid or snap-happy adult, the 10MP Camera makes it simple to take, edit and share photos anywhere. perks include auto flash, LCD viewfinder, built-in editor, 2 picture modes & fixed focus
- FLASH A SMILE, GO THE MILE – No more running out of batteries. Your Instant Print Camera is Rechargeable Via the Included Mini USB Cable; Enjoy up to 40 prints on a single charge while also viewing & editing photos in memory or via MicroSD
- HAPPY LOOKS SO GOOD ON YOU – Step Out in style w/ a mini camera-printer combo that’s light, slim & small like a phone; When it’s not in your pocket or bag, use the strap slot to carry, then slide open to capture the moment quick. Includes 5 sticker frames