Portugal-based Forge IT wants to take the game of billiards to a whole new level with Pool Live AR. Simply put, the system requires only a single projector and camera, placed above the table, to detect the cue, balls as well as tables boundaries. Once this is mapped, it projects guides in real time. It can also be used to show the score or other bits of information. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The short-throw projector and 3D depth camera system accurately tracks the player’s aim, along with the cue stick’s movement in real-time. Pool Live Aid AR is capable of creating an optimal path for the cue ball to do its job of knocking the others into the appropriate pocket.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
- Oculus Quest requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world.
The tool itself has an integrated social network where players can share a particular state of the table [each of the ball’s positions] or load them. A solution for that table state can then be also shared and voted by the community for best solution of that state,” said Forge IT.