Sony’s AIBO robot dog has just received a new software update, and along with it, some new tricks. Now, it can greet users at the door after assigning a meeting place and it stores the location. A door icon will then appear on the map located in the app and then AIBO will use that information to predict when you’ll come home, waiting at the door or whatever place you assigned. Read more for a video and additional information.
To make this robot as lifelike as possible, Sony integrated a wide range of sensors, cameras and actuators. It uses extremely small 1- and 2-axis actuators to give its body the freedom to move along a total of 22 axes. Deep learning AI technology in the form of built-in sensors that can detect and analyze sounds and images make adaptive behavior possible. Plus, two OLED displays take the place of AIBO’s eyes and give the appearance of blinking / closing, while allowing for diverse, nuanced expressions.
- Fun, interactive play – this adorable remote controlled toy puppy can sing and dance. With multiple play modes, including Alpha- bet/number learning mode, this toy is great for kids of all ages!
- Easy-to-use handheld remote – each wireless remote-control puppy comes with a long-range controller that lets you train and direct your puppy up to 35 feet away!
- Comes with a USB Plug, so you can get hours of fun, pet bonding, and learning for limitless fun for boys and girls alike.
- Perfect birthday or holiday gift – made for ages 3-7, these interactive Remote-controlled puppies make the ideal gift for kid’s who love technology and dogs!
- Guaranteed Smiles- we know that our products will be an asset to any playroom classroom or toy room and we stand behind the quality of our products. All Dimple toys come standard with a 1-Year comprehensive Warranty on craftsmanship.
This is truly a one-of-a-kind product designed to connect with its owners on an emotional level. Aibo’s charming personality, dog-like behaviors and ability to intelligently interact with family members help to create a personal bond. Bringing Aibo back to the U.S. reflects Sony’s broader commitment to provide consumers with products that not only entertain them, but also enrich their lives,” said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics North America.