First unveiled at the digital CES 2021 event, the Razer Project Hazel, touted as the “world’s smartest mask”, it becoming a reality. In addition to N95 medical-grade respirator protection using detachable and rechargeable active ventilators, it also uses Smart Pods that regulate airflow for optimal breathability, the latter of which filter at least 95% of airborne particles as well as having a high fluid resistance. Razer VoiceAmp Technology utilizes an integrated microphone and amplifier to enhance the user’s speech for clear communication in social situations. Read more for the debut video from earlier this year and additional information.
This waterproof, scratch-resistant mask is made of sustainable recyclable plastic to greatly minimize the waste created by disposable masks. It maximizes comfort with active air cooling and regulation, bringing in fresh air and venting out CO2. This setup results in an air-tight seal from its adjustable ear loops, permitting custom sizes for a secure fit that keeps from obstructing the mouth. For some entertainment, users can activate two customizable Razer Chroma RGB lighting zones offering 16.8 million colors and a suite of dynamic lighting effects.
- All-Around Gaming Performance: Able to execute up to ten commands at the same time with built-in key rollover anti-ghosting
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Spill-Resistant Design: Built to withstand most accidental liquid splashes
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks with a 2 year manufacturer warranty
Razer acknowledges the uncertainty in the road ahead, and so it was our duty to help protect our community members and prepare them from invisible threats. We were thinking, this is a concept project and is this going to be relevant when vaccinations and everything has been rolled out. We are going to proceed in making it a reality and ship the smart mask,” said Min-Liang Tan, co-founder and CEO of Razer.