Photo credit: CNET
The Robosen K1 Interstellar Scout is basically a programmable humanoid robot that focuses on STEM education for children, teens and adults alike. Featuring seventeen servo motors at the joints, the movements are not only extremely smooth, but mimic those of a real human. You can control it with a free Android / iOS app, your own voice, or a basic remote control. Use the integrated USB port to quickly and easily download custom programs. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Whether it be handstands, flips or even dances, the Robosen K1 shines. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it is not capable of autonomous operation, which means you can’t just leave it alone in a messy house and expect to come home to a clean one. Pricing has not yet been announced for the entire lineup, but the top-of-the-line Pro model is expected to retail at $299.99.
- Kids can learn to code and develop creative problem-solving skills as they play with this interactive and educational STEM toy featuring 3 brick-built LEGO Star Wars droids and over 40 interactive missions and buildable props for creative play
- This coding toy includes a color & distance sensor, interactive toy motor and Bluetooth Move Hub. Kids can use the 1,177 pieces to build popular Star Wars characters, including R2-D2, Gonk Droid and Mouse Droid to create their own space adventures!
- Creative kids will love building these STEM robots using the free LEGO BOOST Star Wars app, attaching tools and weapons to their buildable robots, and bringing them to life to solve missions with the easy-to-use coding environment
- This learning toy for boys and girls 8+ is a great Christmas or holiday Star Wars gift to help foster coding for kids. This Star Wars toy features unforgettable characters, locations, and music from episodes I-VI of the Star Wars movie saga.
- R2-D2 measures over 7 inches (20cm) high, 3 inches (10cm) long and 5 inches (14cm) wide, Gonk Droid measures over 7 inches (18cm) high, 6 inches (16cm) long and 3 inches (9cm) wide, Mouse Droid measures over 5 inches (14cm) high, 6 inches (17cm) long and 3 inches (9cm) wide
Founded in 2008, Robosen is a robotics R&D organization dedicated to producing innovative STEM-based programmable robotic toys that are both educational and fun. Our mission is to produce devices that capture the imaginations of young and old alike,” said the company.