Photo credit: Amin Akhshi
Designer Amin Akhshi’s SN-3 Nova is basically a futuristic robotic dog designed to perform intricate surgery procedures aboard space stations, whether it be on humans or machines. To accomplish this, it has been equipped with a 48V lithium-ion battery to keep it powered up, while 3D laser scanner and HDR camera give it advanced vision in any lighting condition for extreme precision. The build does seem reminescent of Boston Dynamics’ BigDog, so it may be able to handle some lifting duties if necessary. Read more for additional pictures.
It has two slightly creepy arms that extend outwards from its body with a multitude of instruments as well as a highly advanced CMOS sensor delicate procedures. With the help of AI, SN-3 Nova would make a great pet come retirement time when a new model is released, or so we think. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there’s no word yet on if we’ll ever see a working prototype.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others